Terms of Service
Welcome to 1Q!
1Q operates this website (1Q.com) as well as a number of related services, including our mobile applications (collectively, the “1Q Services”). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) constitute a binding agreement between 1Q.com (“we”, “us” or “our”) and you (“you” or “your”) and govern your use of the 1Q.com website (the “Website”) and your participation in the 1Q Services. These Terms apply to both customers of the Service who submit questions or “Askverts” (“Customers”) and to members who respond to such questions or Askverts (“Members”). These Terms also apply whether you register as a Member or Customer or browse the Site as a “Visitor” ("you" or “your” refers to the person accessing or using the Site or Services). These Terms further apply to any person accessing 1Q.com for whatever reason ("User"), including but not limited to, those individuals using 1Q.com through the referral program. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should immediately leave this page and not access or use the Website or the 1Q Service.
1. Acceptance BY ACCESSING AN ACCOUNT OR USE OF 1Q SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO US THAT (A) YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS; (B) YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE; AND (C) YOU ARE OF SUFFICIENT LEGAL AGE TO LEGALLY ENTER INTO THESE TERMS. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER ORGANIZATION, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION TO THESE TERMS, AND THE TERM “YOU” SHALL BE DEEMED TO INCLUDE SUCH COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION.
2. Updates to Terms and Changes to the 1Q Service. THESE TERMS MAY BE AMENDED OR CHANGED BY US AT OUR DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, AT ANY TIME. Except as otherwise stated by us, these amendments or changes will become effective thirty (30) days following their initial posting and the applicable amendment or change will not apply with respect to any dispute that we had actual notice of prior to the effectiveness of the applicable amendment or change. We indicate at the top of the page when these Terms were last updated. Your continued access or use of the 1Q Service or Website following changes to this Agreement means that you accept those changes unless you have entered into a separate agreement with 1Q that expressly supersedes these Terms in writing.
4. Content. When you access the 1Q Website and/or 1Q Services, you obtain access to various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call “Content.” As a customer and member, you may also supply Content. Most Content comes in various forms including, but not exclusive to questions, comments, and replies that you or other Members and Customers contribute through the 1Q Services.
5. Accounts. In order to participate in the 1Q Service as a Member, you will be required to create an account with us (“Account”). You are not required to create an Account to participate in the Service as a Customer. Accounts may not be shared and may only be used by one individual per Account. By using your account, you certify that all information you provide is complete, accurate, and current. You agree to update such information as it changes. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account and password. You are responsible for any activities that take place under your Account or password, regardless of whether your authorized the activity. We are not to be liable for any loss or damages from your failure to comply with this obligation. If you become aware of any unauthorized access or activity to your Account, you shall notify 1Q immediately.
6. 1Q Service Requirements. In order to participate in the 1Q Service as a Member, you will need telecommunications access to a mobile phone compatible with the 1Q Service. You will also be responsible, at your expense, for all third party devices, personal computers, hardware or software that are required to access or use the 1Q Service and any telecommunications access and telephone service required to access or participate in the 1Q Service and all related third-party service fees (including ISP charges). Certain messaging, service and other standard fees and charges may be applied by your carrier. Please check your plan with your carrier to ensure that you are aware of any such fees and charges.
7. Use of Website and 1Q Service.
(a) You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the 1Q website and service is at your sole discretion. You assume all risk of loss arising out of your use of the website and 1Q service.
(b) We reserve the right to restrict your access to and use of the 1Q service at any time for any reason
(c) You agree to keep any and all content (including, but not limited to, written, video, images, audio or multimedia content) received in an Askvert confidential. Any publication, dissemination, distribution, copying, or sharing is strictly prohibited and considered a breach of these terms and conditions, and you can be sued for damages.
(d) You agree to update your profile every six months and/or whenever there is a material change in that information (such as a change of address, change in marital status).
(e) As a customer, you are fully responsible for the content of all questions or Askverts you submit through the service. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to block or remove questions or Askverts you send through the 1Q service for any reason, including but not limited to, restricting your ability to ask questions or Askverts of members from the ages of 13 through 18 we deem to be of a mature nature.
(f) For Members. we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to restrict your ability to respond to Askverts and questions posed through the 1Q Service, including but not limited to, restricting Members from the ages of 13 through 18 from responding to questions or Askverts we deem to be of a mature or inappropriate nature.
(g) You may simply browse the Website or 1Q Services as a Visitor. Certain areas of the Website or 1Q Services, including sending Askverts and answering questions through the Services, are restricted for Customers and Members only. In the event you provide us with information you agree to only provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information. If we believe or suspect that your information is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Website or 1Q Services (or any portion thereof). Visitors agree not to attempt to access Customer areas of the Site.
(h) You may receive Askverts to test new product ideas that are still in the early stages of development. The products themselves, and the ideas and concepts regarding their manufacture and use, represent confidential information of a private company who is working with (supplier name) to obtain this data. By participating, you agree as follows:
(i) to hold in confidence the secrecy of any technical or business information about the private company's products which are disclosed, or made available to you directly or indirectly, or is information you otherwise receive incident to your participation in this community; to avoid discussing the private company's technical or business information in public places where it might be overheard; to avoid discussing the private company's technical or business information with friends and family members, or anyone; to accept a moral and legal obligation not to use or disclose any confidential technical or business information during and after participation in the test.
(ii) the products to be shown to you, and described to you, are highly confidential and proprietary to the private company and you will not give them or expose them to any third party or discuss with anyone your experiences concerning them. The products shown to you, and described to you, are not available for sale and no offer for sale is being made to you. You agree that any ideas, patentable or not patentable, or suggestions contributed by you during the project, as well as any ideas, developments or inventions conceived by you as a result of your participation in the project, shall be the property of the private company in any manner it sees fit. By participating, you agree that any compensation you receive (monetary or otherwise) will be sufficient for participation, which includes your agreement to abide by the confidentiality terms set forth in this agreement that neither yourself nor any member of your household is employed by a competitive company.
Simply receiving a payment notification does not mean that payment has been deposited into your PayPal account. I understand 1Q will reverse any payments made to my account in error or as the result of fraud.
(a) Subject to your full compliance with these Terms, we hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, personal and non-transferable license to access and use the 1Q Service for your personal use.
(b) We reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Website and 1Q Service and all intellectual property rights therein. We retain exclusive ownership of any data that is generated by your use, or our operation, of the Website or 1Q Service, other than your personal information. The use of any data generated by your use or our operation of the Website or 1Q may be published only with explicit permission of 1Q.
(c) You understand and acknowledge that the software, code, proprietary methods and systems used to provide the Website or 1Q Services (“Our Technology”) are: (i) copyrighted by us and/or our licensors under United States and international copyright laws; (ii) subject to other intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws; and (iii) owned by us or our licensors. Our Technology may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and the prior written permission of our applicable licensors.
10. User Guidelines and Restrictions; Prohibited Use and Content. 1Q is not responsible or liable for any loss or damages arising out of any prohibited activity. You agree that you will not in connection with your use of the Website or any 1Q Service:
(a) Commit any activity that violates local, state, federal, or international law;
(b) Use the 1Q Service, send Askverts or respond to any Askverts or 1Q notifications in any way that distracts or prevents you from obeying any traffic or safety laws or policies, including, but not limited to, use while driving or operating heavy machinery;
(c) Abuse or harass any other user or person;
(d) Collect or store personally identifying information about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
(e) Impersonate any person or entity;
(f) Employ misleading email addresses or mobile numbers or falsify information in any part of any communication related to the Website or 1Q Service;
(g) Engage in any activity which may compromise the stability or availability of the Website or 1Q Service or use the Website or 1Q Service to compromise the availability or stability of any third party site or service, including, but not limited to, use the network infrastructure and service in a manner that puts an excessive burden on the limitation on the network;
(h) Use automated means, including, but not limited to, spiders, robots, crawlers, or the like to download data from the Website or 1Q Service or any related server or database;
(i) Decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from or sublicense the Website, 1Q Service or any portion thereof;
(j) Circumvent any security measures or any payment collection methods employed on or through the Website or 1Q Service, or access or use the Website or 1Q Service after your Account, these Terms or your access has been terminated or suspended by us;
(k) Use the 1Q Service to send or respond to any questions, content or material of a sexual overtone or nature or upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post questions, content or material, or links to any questions, content or material, in a manner that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, as determined by us;
(l) Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person, or that contributes to, induces or facilitates such infringement;
(m) Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material that contains software viruses, worms, Trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests for information designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Website, 1Q Service or any third party software, site, equipment or service;
(n) Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material that violates any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; or
(o) Rent, lease or sublicense the Website or 1Q Service.
11. Fees and Payments. Customer use of the 1Q Service is subject to certain fees. These fees may change from time to time.
With your agreement to these Terms and Conditions, 1Q shall provide certain Services. Some of the Services offered to Customers require payment of fees, interests, and other amounts ("Charged Services"). 1Q reserves the right to change its prices at any time, subject to applicable law. If you, as a Customer, choose to receive these Charged Services, you agree to pay the applicable amount as indicated on the website for the selected Charged Services.
You also agree to pay the taxes, levies and/or duties in connection with the selected Charged Services that may be imposed by taxing authorities.
Just a reminder: The Services provided by 1Q are AS IS, and 1Q assumes no responsibility for any failure in providing the Services to you. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Pre-paid credits expire 12 months from date of purchase. These terms apply even if you cleverly escape the little check-box on the Askvert confirmation page. As a result, we do not give refunds, exchanges, or replacements for your selected Charged Services once you send your Askvert to our Members.
13. Termination. We reserve the right without liability to terminate or restrict these Terms, or your access to, or use of, the Website or 1Q Service, with or without notice, for any reason, including but not limited to, if we believe that you have violated these Terms. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any interference with or termination of your access to the Website or 1Q Service. Upon termination of your account, you may request a refund or credit for any prepaid amounts. We are not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing to you the reason for termination of these Terms or your Account. Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, Sections 6, 8(b), 10, 11, 12, and 14 through 25) shall survive any termination.
If 1Q terminates a member's account, it disables the account holder's access and ability to use the Account, but its Content may persist on 1Q servers. Termination of your account will result in forfeiture and relinquishment of all non-personally identifiable Content.
14. Responses to Askverts.
(a) By submitting an Askvert as a Customer or responding to an Askvert or 1Q survey as a Member, you grant us and our business partners and affiliates (including, but not limited to, wireless service providers) a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, assignable, and transferable right and license to re-post, use, copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, incorporate into other works, distribute, transmit, broadcast and otherwise publicly perform and exploit the contents of your Askvert or response, as applicable, in any form or media, anywhere, and without any notice or compensation to you of any kind; provided that we will never reveal Member names or contact information in our use of Askvert responses.
(b) Medical Questions. Askverts, questions, and responses to medical questions are not intended to be medical advice or instructions for medical diagnosis or treatment, and no physician-patient relationship is, or is intended to be, created. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or your emergency number, (911 in the United States) immediately. Content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Content should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease without supervision of a doctor or qualified healthcare provider. You should not delay or forego seeking treatment for a medical condition or disregard professional medical advice based on Content.
(c) Legal Questions. Askverts, questions, and responses to legal questions are not intended to be legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. If you believe you have a legal claim, contact an attorney licensed in your state (or country) immediately to discuss your options. Most state bar associations have services to aid you in finding an attorney. Content is provided for informational purposes only, with no assurance that the Content is true, correct, or accurate. No action should be taken, delayed, or deferred based on the Content. Content is not a substitute for professional legal advice or a solicitation to offer legal advice regarding specific facts. Should you ignore this warning and send specific or confidential information in a private message or post it as a comment, there is no duty to keep that information confidential or to discontinue or forego any representation adverse to your interests. You should not delay or forego seeking legal advice or disregard professional legal advice based on Content. Delay in seeking such legal advice could result in waiver of any claims you may have, depending on the applicable statute(s) of limitation.
15. Tax Liability. You understand that any payments received from 1Q may be taxable income and you agree to comply with state and federal laws governing this possible taxable event. Specifically, if you receive more than $499 from 1Q in one calendar year, then you must complete and return IRS Form W-9 to us (providing your Taxpayer Identification Number). You will then receive any payments owed to you in excess of $499. If you choose not to complete IRS Form W-9, then payments you receive will be capped at a maximum of $499. You are responsible for paying any governmental taxes imposed on your use of the 1Q Service or receipt of any 1Q cash incentives, including, but not limited to, income, sales, use and value-added taxes and you agree to report any such amounts received from your participation in the Service as a Member as required by applicable law.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE WEBSITE AND 1Q SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY REGARDING AVAILABILITY, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT AND SERVICES. 1Q DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE USE OF ANY QUESTIONS (“ASKVERTS”). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR 1Q SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED,ERROR-FREE OR SUBJECT TO OTHER LIMITATIONS.
17. Limitation of Liability. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ARISING FROM THE USE OF 1Q CONTENT OR SERVICES; ANY FAILURES, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN THE DELIVERY OF ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE CONTAINED ON OUR SERVERS; OR LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY 1Q. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR 1Q SERVICE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBLITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF (A) 1Q CASH INCENTIVES EARNED BY YOU IF YOU ARE A MEMBER, OR (B) THE FEE ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU AS A CUSTOMER, IF ANY, IN EACH CASE DURING THE 90 DAY PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
18. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any loss, liability, claim, demand or expense, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of, your use of the Website or 1Q Service (including, without limitation, as to Customer for the content of any Askverts they submit), or any breach or violation of these Terms.
19. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, and except as provided in Section 18, we each irrevocably consent to bring any action to enforce this Agreement in the federal or state courts located in Atlanta, Georgia. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in Atlanta, Georgia for such purposes.
(a) Arbitration. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms (including their formation, performance and breach) and the 1Q Service shall be finally settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the supplementary procedures for consumer related disputes of the AAA, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Terms, including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of these Terms are void or voidable. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, we will pay the additional cost. The parties understand that, absent this mandatory provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
(b) Class Action Waiver. The parties further agree that any arbitration shall be conducted in their individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this section is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
(c) Exception - Litigation of Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding our decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may also seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.
(d) Thirty Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth in this section by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: 195 Inland Ridge Way Atlanta, GA 30342. The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of registering to use the Service; otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms set forth above. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them. In addition, if you elect to opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we may terminate your use of the Service.
21. Force Majeure. We shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in performance hereunder caused by acts of God (or natural disasters), terrorism, strikes, embargoes, fires, war, or any other cause beyond our reasonable control.
22. Notices. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal and other notices (including but not limited to notices of legal proceedings) shall be delivered to us by U.S. mail at 195 Inland Ridge Way Atlanta, GA 30342, or to you at the email address you provided us (a) at the time you registered; (b) through a subsequent notice of an address change; or (c) through a posting through the Website or 1Q Service. Physical notices shall be effective when received. Email notices allowed hereunder shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. In addition, we may provide notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested. In these cases, notice shall be deemed given when received.
23. Non-Waiver. No delay or failure to take action under these Terms shall constitute any waiver by us of any provision of these Terms.
24. Enforceability. If any provision of these Terms is found invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
25. Assignment. These Terms are personal to you and may not be transferred, assigned or delegated by you to any other person or entity. Any attempt by you to assign, transfer or delegate these Terms shall be null and void. These Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of each party's permitted successors and assigns.
26. Entire Agreement. These Terms (including all terms and conditions incorporated herein by reference) constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior oral or written understandings, communications or agreements not specifically incorporated herein.
27. No Third Party Beneficiaries. These Terms are between you and us. There are no third party beneficiaries.