We’re giving it to you straight: 1Q will not share your personal information with anyone, EVER!*
*unless legally required to do so
1Q (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our”), operates the website www.1q.com. We may change or add to this privacy notice, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically. 1Q is the data controller of personal information that resides in 5555 Glenridge Connector Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30342.
This privacy notice governs the website and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. Your privacy is very important to us.
DATA WE COLLECT
While using our site, we ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Survey responses
With your consent only, we also collect sensitive information such as gender, marital status, number of children, race, education level, employment status, industry, job function, job level, household income, political affiliation, religion, home ownership status, and voter registration.
Refer a Friend
If you are a company signed up for 1Q and have a friend in mind who would benefit from our service, invite ‘em over! We will ask for your friend’s basic contact information, and formally invite him/her to 1Q via email ourselves.
Your friend’s contact information will be stored for the purpose of this initial communication, and to help us track which Company has initiated the referral and the success of the referral. We will not continue sending communication to your friend unless we receive confirmation from him/her. We respect your friend as much as we respect you.
Information Collected Automatically
- In addition, like many other web sites, we automatically log certain technical information about your visit, like IP (internet protocol) addresses, Browser type, ISP (internet service provider), referring and exit pages for internal purposes. We compile and analyze this information statistically and diagnostically to administer the website, analyze usage trends, and keep up the website's technical performances. This information may also help us understand our user base demographically, but we do not use this information to identify individual users.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION - GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, 1Q is relying on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- User Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you, which will be conducted and paid via 1Q. If you provide your contact info via an open ended question through 1Q, or follow a third party link and provide your info via the link, third parties may be able to contact you only by those means you provided. We or they may contact you about offers by any of the methods that you.
If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our clients, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Build the 1Q Member database: We use the personal information that we receive to determine what campaigns you should receive. This matching takes place in an anonymized state and our clients do not receive your personal information directly.
- Conducting Surveys: We use other information you enter such as survey responses to compile statistics. Your personally identifiable information is not shared with customers and your survey responses to customers are anonymous.
- Process your payment: We use your personal information to process the payments you have earned.
- Sending Text Messages: We use your personal information to send you text messages with the survey questions. You consented to receive these messages during the sign-up process.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option to not receive such communications. You will find details about how to opt-out the first time you are contacted. Please read the details carefully as you are responsible for this option.
- We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent or sell your personal information with any other entity. We will not share your personal information except in the following ways:
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Analytics: Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site, or companies may provide links in their questions, to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
1Q will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
1Q will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Choices and Individual Rights:
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Stop Text Messages: At any point, you have the ability to reply "STOP" to 86312 (or any other phone number we text you from in the future), and we will de-activate your account and NEVER send another text to your phone.
Please note though, if you then decide you'd like to start receiving text messages again, we will not be able to.
- Deactivating your account: If you choose to deactivate your account, you will not receive Askverts. We save your information, just in case you want to come back to 1Q at some point. If you choose to reactivate your account, it will be there when you come back and you will be eligible to receive questions. You may deactivate your account for any number of temporary reasons. This option gives you the flexibility to leave and come back whenever you want. If you deactivate your account:
- You will not receive Askverts from us.
- We will not post to your Facebook account.
- Some information, like if you allowed us to post to your Facebook timeline when you were active, may still be visible to others.
- We save the information in your account (e.g. your demographics), just in case you want to come back to 1Q at some point.
- If you choose to reactivate your account, the information on your profile will be there when you come back.
- Deleting your account: In the event that you wish to permanently delete your account, you must send us a request in writing. Once we receive your request, we will permanently disable your account, and you will not be able gain access to your account again. We will remove your personally identifiable information from our system within 30 days. Some material may remain in our servers for technical reasons, but this material is disassociated from any personal identifiers and completely inaccessible.
You can deactivate or delete your 1Q member account at any time, just send us an email at email@example.com and tell us what you want us to do. Here’s the scoop on the difference:
If you permanently delete your account:
- You will not be able to regain access to your account.
- It may take up to 30 days to delete your account.
- While we are deleting this information, it is inaccessible to other people using 1Q to send Askverts to members.
- Copies of some material (i.e. responses to Askverts) may remain in our database for so customers do not lose their answers. However, it can not and will be not tied to your user.
- Copies of phone number will be retained for fraud detection purposes. However, your phone number will be secured using a 1-way hashing algorithm, and will not be stored cleartext, nor will it be tied to any other data
- When you delete your account, this material is disassociated from any personal identifiers.
- We store backups of our database in case anything were to happen. Therefore, we also store, in a completely separate database, your delete request. This allows us to retro-actively delete your account if we were ever to restore to an older version of the database
Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
California Privacy Rights
- Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, what types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To access this information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 18 without express consent from parents. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.